It’s dark and I’m unsure of where I’m headed, yet there’s this undying will to survive, to be able to speak of this hardship and articulate my pain. I don’t know how I haven’t let go or given up on this emptiness. There’s a light in the corner that shines only for the brokenness of my footsteps and the depth of my nostalgia. I imagine the space in my heart, a crevasse I’ve saved only for myself. This is a hidden love, and I’m slowly crawling in.
I’m going to see Miley Cyrus perform tonight and I’m SO EXCITED.
Perhaps one of my greatest vices is nostalgia.
— Jamie Anne Royce
I’ve been a Tumblr user since February of 2011. Specifically, February 20th, just about a week before my 16th birthday. You can see one self portrait that 16 year old me took and posted here, and another one here. I think that around that time I was getting back together with an old boyfriend, or at least I was about to. For the second time, specifically. A lot has changed in my life since then, but nothing mentioned in my very first post “About Me” has. Here it is. I hope you enjoy."About Me" as written by 16 year old Madison:
"I believe that anything is possible. I enjoy photography, as well as drawing and painting. I love to sing. If you ask me why I do what I do, I’ll simply tell you it’s because I love it! I guess you could say music and art are sort of my thing.
For some reason (unknown), I have this vision of how nice it would be just to have a small field out in the country all to myself. Filled with wildflowers, and with a great big tree right in the middle of it. Whenever I felt like it I could just walk out and sit in the middle of that great, big field and think. Just relax, and be alone. Maybe write or paint or something :)
1. There is no doubt in my mind that music is the best thing in the entire world. If I had to chose between hearing and sight, I would chose hearing because I honestly don’t think I could survive without being able to hear the music.
2. I love hearing what other people have to say.
3. I am a total dork.
4. I love to sing; music is a part of who I am.
5. I would love to study abroad in Italy, because it is truly one of the most incredible places I’ve ever been in my life.
6. I want to have a job that I love, and where I’m helping people.
7. Music brings people together.
8. I don’t like violence, but I understand it is a part of life.
9. I love taking and having photographs.
10. My best friends mean the world to me.
11. I hate seafood—with the exception of shrimp.
12. I’m not a competitive person. It’s just not in my nature.
13. I love birthdays. Yours, mine, his…doesn’t matter whose. I just love birthdays.
14. Sweet Home Alabama is my favorite movie. I’m not sure why, but I pretty much love any movie with Reese Witherspoon.
15. I love country music. Sometimes it’s like poetry, and other times the lyrics are just plain hilarious.
16. I don’t judge people until I know them, because I wouldn’t want people judging me.
17. I’m pretty good at managing my time. Always have been.
18. When I was little I always wanted a little brother. I got what I wanted… he’s pretty cool.
19. Sometimes I’m not sure what I believe in. Except for Karma. That totally exists.
20. I am an incredibly inquisitive person.
21. I have amazing friends. They’re kinda crazy at times, but so am I. We’re crazy together, and I love them.”
Someone please hold me to my promise to write a blog post with reasons why I love Miley Cyrus.